Hello, and Welcome

The life and times of a not so average... okay... you got me... Totally average 20 something year old.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh... the trouble with boys...

So for those who know me... I am a mess when it comes to dating.  I was engaged, and then single for 5 years.  After that five years I started seeing people again...(Yes it seems like a long time... but Honestly I was too young the first time and really just wanted to find my footing in the world before I pulled another human being into the mess that is me)  And saw several guys on and off and on and off, and finally decided that I was ready to really start dating again.  I'm 23, I should be dating... That's where my life should be if I want to get married someday right?  Well... I've dated 4 boys since this decision.  3 i met online... blah... and 1 that I made the biggest mistakes of my life with as of this point in time.. I'm sure I have plenty of time to make more and bigger mistakes... Anyway... the first three... well... we ended up being better friends then boyfriend girlfriend.  The last was a friend and a coworker... And when I say I made a huge mistake, gosh was I stupid trusting someone that I worked with to be okay with the end of a relationship.  He wasn't.  At all.  And it is soul crushing to have lost such a good friend.  Before we dated I kind of felt like I had someone I could depend on.  Someone to call and hang out with.  But alas... we dated.  And I'm not proud of it now that it's over.  He broke up with me 2 days before Valentines day... Like my fiance and I... and he can't hardly talk to me... like my fiance and I, and it's just awkward as all get out.  The worst part is that he broke up with me... and then said the only phrase that I think can send just about anyone on the receiving end of a dump can hear... Lets still be friends... And now he says he's not ready for that... Look... if you weren't ready then why did you ask.  I wanted our friendship to be okay and I told you that before we ever dated.  In fact it was a requirement of mine when we started dating that you be sure you could handle that. 
So whatever... boys are stupid.  I may sound like I'm about to check out to the other side... but in all honesty I could never.  Girls are crazy!  I wouldn't want to date me... And every guy I get involved with I warn them and tell them that they don't want to date me either.  I think it's only fair.  I know I'm insane.  But I think girls are crazy because boys are stupid.  And really, you can train stupid but you can't train crazy. 
Stupid boy of the week... The new guy who wants to jump into dating me. . . I like him.  he's another cancer...and when cancers get together they feel very comfortable and at home.  He's older... Good sign, he loves art, he loves to sing, and hang out and drink.  We have A LOT in common already.  But his big mistake... He asked me into bed on the first date. 
.......?
NO NO NO NO NO! 
If anyone who should happen upon this blog does this... Bad move!  Especially when a girl tells you up front that she isn't interested in a relationship right now!  Don't ask her into bed!   What are you thinking?  Do you want a shot with her at all?  I know boys are stupid... but really?  Why on EARTH would you think that is a good idea when I already told you I just want friends right now.  If something develops in 6 months from now... great.  If we just stay friends, Well... we both have a new friend we didn't have before.  Yeah, I'm still healing from the break up... but I'm over my boy craziness.  I'm not looking for someone to climb into bed with.  I want someone close by to talk to and hang out with... and when we go out at night keep the creepers at bay.  Smooth move lovely cancer man.  Smooth move. 
I'm not saying it's not possible for things to look up at this point with this guy... but it's defiantly a set back for him.  He's not getting into my pants for at the very least 3 months.  And he'll know that soon enough.  Guys... when a girl says she just wants a friend... usually, she means it... And if you think that's not true... guess again.  She just wants a friend. 

For those who are looking for some dating... there are plenty of free sites out there... check these out.

plentyoffish.com   and   okcupid.com

They are free dating sites, and as far as my past relationships have been, I've been pretty well matched... I'm still friends with all of the guys I've met off them and I think it's possible to find someone decent and cool on both of them.  I do like okcupid better then plentyoffish... but they're both not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy Cancer guy... The day I got back into town after our first date :) I may be stupid, but your easy :)

    ReplyDelete