Hello, and Welcome

The life and times of a not so average... okay... you got me... Totally average 20 something year old.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SICK

Blah.  So I have been coughing, hacking, and wheezing for the past 2 days.  (really a full month now)  I got sick awhile back and went to the doctors.  The doctor said that I had something viral and gave me some amoxocillin.  Took that and thought that I was getting better until this past week when my throat closed, my chest really started hurting, and I basically starting coughing my lungs out at least once an hour.  So here we go, I've called off work at least 10 times in the past month for illness and other problems, like when my pastor died or when my grandpa died, or my best friends father was in the hospital.  And now they've decided that I can't go back to work until Friday. 
Being ill is the most aggravating thing in the world.  You feel achy, cold, and down right miserable.  So I think that everyone should have and put together a sick day kit.  This is something that you basically pull out when you are at your worst and just not feeling up to dealing with life. 
Here is what is in my sick day kit;
       All three seasons of "The Big Bang Theory"
       Tea and my favorite mug, lemon and honey for the tea
       A bit of chocolate, because who can live without that in a miserable state
       A box of tissues (puffs ultra soft and strong brand)
       My MP3 player with my playlist of gentle music for sick days
       Peppermint bubble bath, smells good and really helps to open the sinuses
       A good book (The Princess Bride) for when I'm feeling ambitious
       And of course, Chicken Noodle Soup (has healing powers!)
Make a sick box so that you can curl of on the couch with your favorite things and not have to think about anything extra for days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment