Hello, and Welcome

The life and times of a not so average... okay... you got me... Totally average 20 something year old.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

You're just a boy

I'm not your toy,
I'm not a play thing to share with your friends
Or to fall back on when your relationship ends.
I am not something that you get to mistreat and abuse
Because you've been feeling blue.
If you love me and you want me I am here for you,
To lean on and to support.
I am always happy to be a fort
But I will not feel like advantage is being taken
If you thought I would, then you were mistaken.
I'm right here in front of you.  Open your eyes and see
That everything you want I also want to be
Stop running around and trying to find
What you think is absolutly perfect and right.
Because I've been waiting with my arms open
But I wont take your token
And be the ride
And a place for you to hide.
I am a woman.
And if you continue to mistreat
All that is me
Baby, some day you're gonna see.
I wont be standing here waiting anymore.
I don't mind leaving, I can do it alone
I am fine and I do well on my own.
But don't think I don't want you there
Because if I didn't I wouldn't say I care. 
There needs to be an understanding
Of what we are and where we're landing
Or what is happening, what we're planning.
Until you know I will continue to wait.
But don't think that means I'll stay
Forever.
Never.
I am not your toy.
And you're just a boy.

Doesn't it seem sometimes like women are looked at as play things?  Like guys don't seem to understand that behind the facade of strength and love we have feelings.  I think feminism was a wonderful thing... but Maybe it was taken a little far... Just because I can do it alone, and I can take care of myself and I don't need you doesn't mean that I want to be alone.  Just because I can do it for myself, that doesn't mean that I don't want you there to do it for me.  And I know that men need to feel needed.  I'm sorry.  I don't need a man.  But if I give you a look and say bring you into my life, that should make you feel ten times better then being needed.  Because that means that I am willing to give up my independence and singlehooddom to restrain myself to just you.  Only you.  Why can't you do that too?  If I'm willing to do that, why can't you be willing to do that too?  I thougth that was the understanding in the relationship aspect.  And again, I will say... I don't need you.  But I want you.

No comments:

Post a Comment